Univeristy of Memphis - Physical Plant Work Space
Prebid Date3/26/20 10:00 am
Bid Date4/14/20 2:00 pm
Company & Contacts
Fifer & Associates
Carlos Fifer 901-800-2003
PRE BID CHANGE
A. Bids Received At: Due to the Corona Virus the manner in which bids will be received is being modified. Further details will be provided.
B. Pre-Bid Conference At: Due to the Corona Virus the Pre-Bid Meeting will not be held at the University of Memphis Physical Plant, but instead will be held via computer, tablet, smartphone or telephone; same date and time (10:00 am March 26, 2020). Gain access to the meeting as indicated below and enter Access Code when requested
1. To access via Computer, Tablet of Smartphone click here for Go To Meeting
2. Telephone: United States: +1 (786) 535-3211
3. Access Code: 356-341-181
4. Obtain GoToMeeting App click here for Go To Meeting Install
BIDS RECEIVED AT:
University of Memphis Procurement and Contract Services, c/o Mark Longfellow, Administration Building #115, Memphis, TN 38152 until 2:00 pm, local time on April 16, 2020
The Project consists of renovations to the Physical Plant Work Space located in the Herzog Building at the University of Memphis. Work includes interior construction, new finishes, louvers in exterior wall and modifications to existing Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical and Communications systems.CONTRACT DESCRIPTION:
- A. Contract Type: A single prime contract based on a Stipulated Price as described in Document 00 50 00 – Contracting Forms and Supplements.
- A. Scope of Demolition Work: Demolition will be performed by the Owner unless noted otherwise,
Contractor is to coordinate demolition requirements with new construction.
- B. Scope of alterations work is indicated on drawings.
- C. Plumbing: Alter existing system and add new construction, keeping existing in operation.
- D. HVAC: Alter existing system and add new construction, keeping existing in operation.
- E. Electrical Power and Lighting: Alter existing system and add new construction, keeping existing
- F. Fire Alarm: Alter existing system and add new construction, keeping existing in operation.
- G. Communications: Alter existing system and add new construction, keeping existing in operation.
- H. Owner will remove the following items before start of work:
- 1. Furnishings and office equipment.
- 2. Countertop equipment.
- I. Owner will remove and store the following prior to start of work, for later reinstallation by
- 1. Fire Extinguishers.
- 2. 3 doors and door frames (coordinate locations of doors to be reused with Owner).
Hard copy full sets of plans and specifications will be available for purchase at contractors expense, which will be fulfilled by Memphis Reprographics or files may be downloaded for free from our online plan room. To download files, you must register for a free account, if you already have an account, simply log in and select “Download” this entire job. Then proceed to the download queue on the left menu bar to receive your downloaded files. For questions about accessing the documents please contact Memphis Reprographics at 901-590-4862.