Site Improvements for McFarland Park
Prebid Date3/31/20 10:00 am
Bid Date4/29/20 12:00 pm
Company & Contacts
City of Memphis - Division of Park and Neighborhood Services
Keith Schnadelbach (901) 576-4248
4955 Cottonwood Rd., Memphis, TN
To obtain Bid Documents please contact Keith Schnadelbach at (901) 576-4248.
Bid Reception Clarification: The bid reception date has been changed to 12:00 p.m. (noon) April 29, 2020. Bidders will not be allowed to drop-off their bids at City Hall. Common carriers such as USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc., must be used. The public, including courier services, will not be allowed into City Hall. Common carrier service (USPS, UPS, and FEDEX) to City Hall is continuing; therefore bids must be submitted through these services. The bid date and time deadline will be strictly enforced, therefore you should give sufficient time for delivery of bid envelopes via these services.
Please note the following statement by the City of Memphis Purchasing office:
City Hall has been temporarily closed to the public. As such, to allow time for vendors to submit their bids via common carrier (USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc), RFQ 3574 due date has been extended to April 29, 2020 at noon.
For the mutual protection of the City, City’s Consultant (hereafter “the Consultant”), and all subcontractors and material suppliers, partial sets of documents will not be issued. Therefore, all contractors intending to submit a bid shall obtain one (1) complete set of documents from the consultant in order for his bid to be accepted. This will also place the Contractor on the mailing list for possible addenda issuance.Bidding documents are available at the office of the Consultant and may be obtained as follows:
- a) Contractor Bidders:
One (1) complete set of bidding documents, drawings, and specifications, may be obtained upon deposit of $100.00, which amount is refundable to all Contractors submitting a bona fide bid upon return of all contract documents complete and in the order issued. However, deposits of successful bidders will not be returned.
- b) Subcontractors, material suppliers, and contractors desiring additional sets and all interested parties: Complete sets of bidding documents, drawings and specifications, may be obtained for $100.00, half of which is refundable upon return of such documents.
- c) All such bidding documents are also available to be shipped to any out-of-town bidder and interested parties via appropriate carrier “collect” upon receipt of deposit, as applicable.
Documents must be returned within 10 days after bid opening and determined to be in acceptable condition by the Consultant for deposit to be refunded.
- 1. Base Bid Work:
- a. Install temporary project signs.
- b. Remove existing backstops and existing chain link fence.
- c. Place erosion control measures.
- d. Construct underground drainage system with exception of Inlets #15, #16, and connection to existing Inlet #17, and associated drain lines.
- e. Grade site.
- f. Fine grade and install grass sod, and install native grass seed with erosion blanket.
- g. Plant trees.
- h. Grass seed all remaining areas of construction disturbance
- i. Maintain erosion control measures until site is completely stabilized.
- 2. Bid Alternate No. 1:
- a. Construct asphalt fitness trail from Cottonwood Road through the park to Curtis Street.
- b. Construct Inlets #15, #16, and connection to Inlet #17, and associated drain lines.
- c. Construct benches, trash receptacle, and associated concrete pads as indicated in Drawings as Bid Alternate #1.
- 3. Bid Alternate No. 2:
- a. Construct concrete pavement in lieu of asphalt trail within the playground footprint.
- b. Construct playground to include subsurface drainage, concrete pavement, rubberized safety surface, play structures, and benches and trash receptacles at the playground.
- c. Install drinking fountain with associated water line, and drain field.
- d. Coordinate with MLGW to make water tap and set water meter.
- e. Construct concrete walk from new playground to elementary school.
- f. Fine grade, place grass sod as indicated on the Drawings, and stabilize and seed any remaining areas disturbed by construction.
- 4. Bid Alternate No. 3:
- a. Fabricate and install park identification sign at Cottonwood Road frontage.
- 5. Bid Alternate No. 4:
- a. Amend soil surface on athletic field and surrounding areas as indicated on the Drawings and as specified in the Project Specifications.